ORBCOMM Europe B.V. is a dynamic international organization, which is a leading provider of total solutions for data recording and online monitoring in the transport sector. The headquarters of ORBCOMM Europe is based in Hoensbroek, Netherlands with an office in Germany.
ORBCOMM EUROPE is part of ORBCOMM, a publicly traded US company, which is market leader in the field of M2M solutions for asset tracking, management and remote control.
In Hoensbroek all Euroscan products are developed and produced. The international project management and global support of the Euroscan products are coordinated from the head office in Hoensbroek.
Due to the strong growth of the company, we are looking for a
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (M/F) - NL OFFICE; HOENSBROEK
Software Engineering within Euroscan is more than just programming. Your software is part of a complete platform. You will be working together with the Hardware, Firmware and the Support team to find solutions and optimize the software, next to updating you also get to provide your input to optimize and enhance current software.
We stimulate and provide room for personal initiative, creativity and an occasional healthy debate within the different teams which create innovative solutions. Your work has a direct influence on our products and our platform as a whole.
In this role, you are accountable to the Team leader Software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and implement feasibilities on requested new features or enhancements from the field/internal departments according to SCRUM processes.
- Analyze and solve reported issues in all layers of the codebase.
- Create unit and GUI test cases to prove that code changes are correctly implemented
- Review implementations made by peers and provide constructive feedback
- Ensure implementation choices fit the architecture of the existing codebase
- Maintain and expand the continuous delivery processes
- Communicate with QA about discovered issues
- Comply with the companies GAMP5 quality system (code convention, ticketing, etc.)
- Create a customer and installation friendly design
- A bachelor or master degree (technical) Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 2 to 5 years relevant work experience in object oriented programming
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft products and technologies as;
Visual Studio (2015/2017), C#, .NET 3.5 (or more recent),
- Knowledge and experience with WCF, Windows Forms and ASP.NET, MSSQL and/or Oracle, HTML
- Experience in working with SCRUM concepts, version control and unit testing.
- Excellent language skills, both written and verbally in Dutch and English
What we offer
- Strong analytical skills
- A thorough and accurate way of working
- Able to work well both independently and in a team.
We offer a challenging full time and diverse job in an international organization with a pleasant and informal working atmosphere.
We also offer you the opportunity to grow with the company and through your involvement you directly affect the expansion of our products and quality.
The employment package of primary and secondary benefits is in line with the current market.
Our benefits include a good pension plan, collective healthcare insurance, employee stock purchase plan, gym membership reimbursement and good training & education possibilities.
If you can see yourself working in our team and adding value to our products, please send your resume, and motivation letter to:
ORBCOMM Europe B.V.
T.a.v. mevrouw S. Roossien
6433 KB Hoensbroek